Amnesty International wanted to increase participation with their brand and the causes for which they advocate, while acquiring email addresses to expand their supporter database and consequently, to use in solicitations for donations. Obtaining petition signatures online allowed Catalyst to meet both of these objectives; users could engage with Amnesty’s actions and also provide their email address which would prove valuable to the organization for future prospecting.
We strategically set up the following three channels to reach an audience that would likely be interested in signing petitions the Amnesty’s actions:
- Google search ads
- Google display ads for branding and awareness
- Facebook ads for social engagement
We created effective ads for each of the eight petitions, with clear calls to action to entice viewers to sign the petitions. The ads reached users while engaged in different activities:
- Image ads could be seen by users while browsing sites on related topics in the Google Display Network.
- Facebook ads were visible in users’ page feeds and generated by specific demographic and interest targeting.
- Search ads were used as a final step leading to petition signatures. When a user searched in Google for keywords related to one of the actions, they were already aware of it, and were looking to see how they could help.
All three ad types directed users to pages set up to leave their email address and sign a petition.